Volunteer Florida, Simply Healthcare Announce Sixth Annual Suits For Session Service Project
Volunteer Florida and Simply Healthcare announced the sixth annual Suits for Session service project will be held on Wednesday, March 24 on the corner of S Adams Street and W Pensacola Street, in front of Tallahassee City Hall.
Suits for Session engages legislators and staff, state agency employees and other local professionals and residents to collect new or gently-worn business attire to help prepare the job-seekers in need in our state. Since the project’s inception in 2016, Volunteer Florida and its partners have been able to donate over 21,000 items of professional wear to organizations across the Sunshine State.
Individuals who are interested in participating are encouraged to stop by the outdoor location on Wednesday, March 24 from 8 am to 5 pm (ET). In order to ensure the safety of donors and event workers, there will be a drive-up, drop-off in front of City Hall. Please pre-sort your donations by men’s clothes, shoes or accessories, and women’s clothes, shoes or accessories. There will be a location to park briefly, or you can come on foot.
To ensure the safety of donors and event workers:
- The event will be held outside. Drive-up and drop-off in front of City Hall, or stop by on foot.
- Please plan to drop items in designated, categorized bags during the event, or pre-sort by one of six categories: men’s clothing, shoes or accessories, or women’s clothing, shoes or accessories. Please remove hangers.
- Wear a mask, or plan to use one provided by event staff.
The following men’s and women’s items will be accepted:
- Full suits
Previous Partner Organizations Include:
- CareerSource Gulf Coast
- CareerSource Chipola
- Sulzbacher in Jacksonville (serves the homeless)
- Chapman Partnership in Miami (serves the homeless)
- Bridges of America in Orlando (serves ex-offenders)
- Dress for Success Tampa Bay
- FSU’s Unconquered Scholars Program
- AMIkids and others