Click Here to Learn More About Last Year’s Event
Volunteer Florida, Uber Announce
Fifth Annual Suits for Session Service Project
Volunteer Florida and Uber will host the fifth annual Suits for Session service project on Tuesday, February 25 on the third-floor rotunda of the Florida Capitol.
Suits for Session engages legislators and staff, state agency employees and other local professionals and residents to collect new or gently-worn business attire to help prepare the job-seekers in need in our state. Since the project’s inception in 2016, Volunteer Florida and Uber have been able to donate over 16,000 items of professional wear to organizations across the Sunshine State.
This year’s items will be donated to Dress for Success Tampa Bay, Sulzbacher, CareerSource Gulf Coast and others.
Individuals who are interested in participating are encouraged to stop by the Capitol on Tuesday, February 25 from 9 am to 5 pm (ET), drop-off at Volunteer Florida or one of the participating agencies beginning Monday, February 3. This year, Uber will be assisting with large scale transportation of items from state agencies.
The following men’s and women’s items will be accepted:
- Full suits
Click here for a list of some organizations in Florida that accept donations of professional attire.
The following agencies, organizations and partners collected clothing for Suits for Session:
- Agency for Health Care Administration
- Agency for Persons with Disabilities
- CareerSource Florida
- Department of Business and Professional Regulation
- Department of Children and Families
- Department of Corrections
- Department of Economic Opportunity
- Department of Education
- Department of Financial Regulation
- Department of Health
- Department of Highway Safety and Motor Vehicles
- Department of Juvenile Justice
- Department of Law Enforcement
- Department of Management Services
- Department of Revenue
- Department of State
- Department of Transportation
- Division of Emergency Management
- Enterprise Florida
- Florida Fish and Wildlife Conservation Commission
- Florida Housing Finance Corporation
- Florida League of Cities
- Florida Lottery
- Office of Insurance Regulation
- Office of State Representative Jayer Williamson
- State Board of Administration
- Visit Florida