Volunteer Florida’s Volunteer Services department strengthens Florida’s communities by promoting volunteerism as a solution to critical, community-wide needs in Florida. The department establishes initiatives to encourage Floridians to serve and supports the efforts of public and private nonprofit organizations to recruit and mobilize Floridians as volunteers.
Volunteer Connect is Florida's official volunteer opportunities platform.
Throughout the summer of 2019, nonprofits with 501(c)(3) status and government entities can participate in instructional webinars and training and begin posting future volunteer opportunities. The platform will then be made available to the public (potential volunteers) in fall 2019. More information to come!
All eligible organizations can use Volunteer Connect to:
- Promote volunteer opportunities, searchable by date, location, issue area and age/population served
- Schedule volunteers by general availability or specific shift request
- Track volunteer sign-up, onsite attendance and service hours
- Communicate with volunteer teams or individuals
- Access exclusive volunteer management trainings