Volunteer Florida is a great place to work! We value the unique talents of each of our employees and encourage a positive, fun culture for our team.
Volunteer Florida is currently looking for a Finance Director to join our team. If you possess great organizational skills, have the ability to set goals and priorities, and have the desire to work in a collaborative team atmosphere, this is may be the position for you!
This position will oversee all aspects of Volunteer Florida’s Finance Department, including supervision of finance staff. This position is responsible for work flow management to ensure timely AC/AR booking, grant draws, sub-grantee payments and other fiscal duties. This position is responsible for developing spending plans and preparing budgets and financial reports. This position oversees fiscal monitoring of grant recipients and directs the annual audit process for the agency. As a member of the agency’s Leadership Team, this position will perform reviews and quality control as needed, engage in development of policies and operating procedures and participate in strategic planning.
Desired Skills and Experience
This position requires a Bachelor’s degree in Accounting, or related discipline as well as 5 years of experience. Non-profit accounting experience is preferred.
The ideal candidate will be a team player who has a desire to expand their accounting knowledge. Additional qualifications and requirements include:
- Understanding of grant management accounting principles and able to provide proactive oversite of grantee invoicing/payment process
- Excellent time management skills with the ability to manage and supervise others concurrently on multiple projects
- Advanced proficiency in multiple accounting software systems, preferably Microsoft Office (Excel), Payment Management System, and MIP
- Extensive knowledge in bookkeeping, preferably the natural flow of accounting balances
- Ability to perform office and bookkeeping duties accurately and efficiently without direct supervision
- Working knowledge of generally accepted accounting principles
- CPA training and non-profit accounting experience is preferred for this position.
- Self-driven, demonstrates initiative and is able to multitask and adapt to changing priorities
- Excellent interpersonal and oral communication skills and ability to maintain strong relationships with external and internal partners
- Knowledge of State of Florida funding allocations and budget process
- Ability to understand federal OMB Circulars related to non-profit and government grants
- Ability to travel overnight
Volunteer Florida offers competitive salary and benefits.
To submit your resume for consideration please submit your resume to: email@example.com
Employee Benefits Information:
Completed applications may be sent to:
Volunteer Florida – Human Resources
3800 Esplanade Way
Tallahassee, FL 32311